This article specifies the current default settings and time limits in Anodot Cost, and includes:
- Retention Periods
- First Baseline Creation Time
- Seasonality Detection Time
- Time to Detect First Anomalies
- Time to Close an Anomaly
Anodot has two main types of retention periods:
- Alert triggers - Alert triggers are retained for the same duration as the metric data they contain within them.
- Anomalies - Anomalies are retained for good.
First Baseline Creation Time
The first baseline creation time is the minimum time it takes for a new baseline to initialize for a new metric. The baseline creation times according to time scale are:
Time Scale Baseline Creation Time
1 day 10 days
The example below shows how after a few days the initial baseline is created. For the first few days it is very wide, after several days the daily pattern is detected and the baseline becomes narrower. After 4 weeks the weekly seasonal pattern is detected and the baseline becomes very tight.
Seasonality Detection Time
- Seasonal patterns are detected with a minimum time of twice the season length.
- Weekly seasonality requires at least 2 weeks of data for Anodot to calculate the weekly seasonality of a metric.
Note that not all signal types have seasonality. Seasonality detection is supported only for regular or near-regular signals.
Time to Detect First Anomalies
The baseline must be created before Anodot can start detecting new metrics. Anomalies in new metrics receive a lower significance score for the first few days. The times to detect anomalies in a new metric by time scale are as follows:
Time Scale Times to Detect First Anomalies (in new metrics)
1 day 8 days
(7 days of regular data + 1 day of anomaly)
Time to Close an Anomaly
An anomaly will start on the first data point that is outside the baseline. To close an anomaly, Anodot needs to have several data points within the baseline. The time it takes to close anomalies by time scale are as follows:
Time Scale Number of Data Points Required Within the Baseline to Close an Anomaly
1 day 3