Recommendations are an important element within Anodot Cost, and reflect potential savings and actionable suggestions.
Each recommendation can be one of the following statuses:
- Open - Ready for users to review and act upon.
- Completed - Marked as completed by a user.
Completed by system - when we identify that a recommendation was done exactly as specified even if user did not mark it as completed - we will use this status.
Note that recommendations that were done differently (for example we recommended to downgrade to a certain type and it was downgraded to a different type) will not appear in this status (or within any other status).
- Excluded - Snoozed for a period of time by the users as it is not relevant for them / user is not interested to execute this recommendation.
Accessing and viewing recommendations
- Open recommendations can be viewed in the Recommendations Dashboard page (click Recommendations > Dashboard), as shown below.
- Excluded recommendations are viewed by clicking Recommendations > Exclusions.
- The Completed and Completed by system recommendations are viewed by clicking Recommendations > History.
The Recommendations Dashboard includes information on Cloud Waste (in the right panel, as shown in more detail below), and Savings Opportunities (in the left panel, and described below).
The waste is calculated from the saving opportunity selected in the left pane. These waste values, as described below, are essentially the recommendations.
- Actual Cost is what you paid that day (the blue line).
- Target Waste is defined as 10% of the Actual Cost, as reasonable waste (shown in yellow).
- Over Waste is everything above 10% (shown in red).
- Waste Percent is the Target Waste + Over Waste, as a percentage.
The Savings Opportunities panel, as shown below, lists saving opportunities by category. When you select a saving opportunity, for example RDS Generation Upgrade, the details of the three related resources that can be optimized appear in the panel displayed at the bottom of the screen. Each item on the list details the resource information (click to expand the details) and, if applicable, the action that needs to be taken to optimize it.