This article introduces the logic behind Credits and how to work with them. Credits are added by the Partner and can be applied at the customer level.
There are two types of Credits:
- AWS Credits: These are given by AWS in the AWS platform and calculated as part of the AWS original billing.
- Reseller Credits: These are added manually by the reseller and are calculated as part of the re-belling process.
Once defined, Credits are then used as part of the Anodot Cost re-billing process and generate the ‘Reseller Credits’ result per customer that is included as part of the Billing status and Billing history sections.
As part of the re-billing workflow Credits are allocated last in the process, after tiers, SP allocation, RI allocation and billing rule.
Important: The option to apply or edit Credits for the previous month after the 20th of the current month is not permitted.
The displaying of Credits in Pricing Mode
- AWS Credits are shown to the reseller in the Cost & Usage Explorer.
- Reseller Credits are NOT shown to the reseller in the Cost & Usage Explorer.
AWS Credits are shown according to the preferences set by the reseller in their Billing Profile (see the image below).
- If the Transfer AWS credit to the customer checkbox is selected, the customer will be able to view the Credits in the Cost & Usage Explorer.
If the Transfer AWS credit to the customer checkbox is NOT selected, the customer won't be able to view the Credits in the Cost & Usage Explorer.
- Reseller Credits will be shown to the customer in the Cost & Usage Explorer.