The Anodot cloud cost monitoring application for Slack enables you to get cost reports directly in Slack.
With Anodot’s integration with Slack you can easily designate Anodot alerts and reports to be sent to a specific Slack channel. Following the initial installation in your Slack workspace, adding Anodot Cost to a Slack channel is straightforward (see below).
This article includes:
How to add Anodot Cost to a Slack channel
To add Anodot Cost, follow these steps:
- If you have the legacy Slack integration installed you will first need to disable it, as described in Replacing the legacy Slack integration.
- In Anodot Cost, click the user icon in the top right corner, and select Account.
- In the Integrations tab, click Add to Slack and Install the application to your Slack workspace. Note: You need to be a workspace owner in order to install the application. The application can only be installed and authenticated once per workspace. After installing, you will be redirected to your Anodot Cost account to complete your registration.
- After authentication is complete you can choose Slack channels from your workspace to get reports by doing the following:
- In the Navigation Panel, click Cost & Usage > Cost & Usage Explorer.
- On the right of the chart, click the Save and Export Options icon, and select Save as Report. In the displayed dialog you can view a number of send options.
- Choose the relevant Slack channel from the dropdown list and the report will be sent to that channel once it is ready.
Replacing the legacy Slack integration
If you're already integrated with our legacy Slack integration, you will first need to disable the current integration by clicking the toggle switch to disable it, and then click Save.