This article describes the steps required to connect your AWS account with Anodot Cost.
- The first step in connecting your AWS account is to generate the Cost & Usage Report. You can see the tutorial on how to do it, in the video below.
The following steps are detailed in the above video:
- On the AWS Management Console, click your Account Name (in the top right corner) and then click My Account.
- Select to Cost & Usage Reports , click on Report and type in your Report name.
For example: cur_for_anodot.
- Ensure the Include Resource IDs checkbox is selected, and then click Next.
- At this point we need to configure the S3 bucket.
- Click Configure.
- In Step 1 of the Configure S3 bucket wizard, create a new bucket. For example, enter the name: cur-anodot-bucket. Then click Next.
- In Step 2 of the Configure S3 bucket wizard, select the I have confirmed that this policy is correct checkbox, and then click Save.
- In the Delivery Options section, enter the prefix of your report. For example, enter anodot.
- Select the Override existing report checkbox, and then click Next, and then Review and complete.
- Activate Tags allocation: To add the values of tags to the CUR report, navigate to Cost allocation tags menu on the left, select All tags, and then click Activate.
- In the displayed confirmation message, click Activate. The CUR is now ready for use, with allocation tags.
- Navigate on the Anodot Cost platform to the Cloud Accounts tab under the Account menu (accessed from your profile avatar, in the top right corner) and click on the AWS logo.
- Add the following details to the displayed wizard:
- Invoice Bucket Name
- Bucket Region name
- AWS Root Account ID. Note that the external id is being generated according to the AWS Root Account ID
- Display Account Name
- Click Next.
- Create a new Cross Role Account (This can be done from the CLI or the AWS Console).
- Download all the files, as shown below.
- In the AWS Console, navigate to the IAM.
- On the side menu, click Policies.
- Click Create Policy, and in the JSON tab paste in the AnodotPolicy (which can be copied from here).
- Click Roles and then click Create Role.
- Select Another AWS account and enter our account ID: 932213950603
- In the Filter, search for PileusRole.
- In the Role name field, enter PileusRole, and create the Role.
- Return to the Roles section, search for PileusRole and click on it.
- Copy the ARN and put it in the wizard:
- Go to the S3 service and click on the invoice bucket.
- Click on Properties
- Scroll down and click Create events notifications.
- Click Add Notification, and then add the Event name.
Also ensure the All object create events checkbox is selected.
- In the Destination section, select the SNS Topic option, and paste in the SNS ARN topic from the NewInvoiceTopicConfiguration.json that you downloaded.
- Finally, the last step in connecting Anodot Cost to AWS is to download the Connect-To-Pileus-File , upload it to the invoice bucket, and click Connect.
To connect more linked accounts for recommendations you need to create the cross role account as a payer account, by using the Anodot policy shown here.
- Click on Properties